MY WORK:



No Name,
2012,
Wood, Metal, Piping, Fabric, Plastic, Thread, Paint, Wire, Tape and Wall Filler.

From my last work i did a lot of research and have made a few changes. 

I've decided on what materials i want to use and that is building site materials. Materials that could be found on the inside and outside of a building or house. The materials and objects i have selected already come with lifetime of previous use, they are covered in marks and traces that influence the way in which i change them. 

I wanted the installation of my work to show a strong conversation between the materials and the process of making I've been having. Each piece of work has a conversation with the last work creating a flow between the formal qualities of the work.

There is so much to look at with is work that i think i need to pinpoint the conversation i want the viewer to have with the art.

As i look at my work I feel there is a strong conversation going on between the work I'm making and architecture within an everyday setting. There's a temporary feel that comes with placing pieces against the wall and using tape and wire to hold things together.

The dominance of the pink I think takes away from the rest of the work as it doesn't fit in with the industrial setting my materials are from.

No comments:

Post a Comment