IDEA: Trashformation

I read a book called Transformation by Lloyd Herman that talked about many of the ideas i use in my own work.

"Today, virtually everything costs more, so it makes sense to recycle materials, adapt buildings to new uses while preserving their architectural intergrity, and make new products from old ones."- pg. 10
Im interested in this idea of giving new life to an old product. 

" 'ready-made' a common object raised to the level of a work of art through the process of appropriation- but it was preceded by simple assemblages made from more than a single "found" object."- pg. 12
The idea of using borrowed elements in the creation of new works. 

I really enjoyed this reading as my main idea in my work is to create a new way of looking and interpriting a recycled object. 
These objects/materials come with this already established meaning but through my own work i'm trying to maybe not change but add more, developing the ideas behind this objects previous existing meaning.
I become inspired by the form qualities of the material, the textures, colour and shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment